Jacksonville, IL…Assistant Republican Leader C.D. Davidsmeyer is encouraging local municipalities, park districts and schools to take advantage of fast-track construction grants being doled out by the IL Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (DCEO).
“DCEO is offering construction grants ranging from $500,000 to $5 million for shovel ready projects through Rebuild Illinois to kick-start Illinois’ economy,” said Davidsmeyer. “Grant proposals will be accepted and funded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
“The last day to submit a grant proposal is Monday, June 15.
Eligible Uses include a wide range of public infrastructure improvement projects, including projects that entail new construction and/or significant renovation or improvements of:
- Publicly owned buildings, facilities, and parks
- Publicly owned industrial and commercial sites
- Waste disposal systems
- Water and sewer line extensions
- Water distribution and purification facilities
- Gas and electric utility extensions
- Dredging of waterways
- Rail, air, or water port improvements
- ADA-compliant sidewalks, curb and gutters
- Previously unimproved WPA streets
- Other public infrastructure capital improvements
“I encourage local units of government and schools to take advantage of this grant opportunity. This is a great way to improve our local infrastructure and stimulate the economy that has been ravished by COVID-19.”